Some good things from the last week:
- My birthday was lovely! Mom and Rita and I went to National Harbor on Friday and stayed at the MGM. We briefly went to the casino, mostly just to say we did it, but I ended up with a net gain of $60, which I used to get us breakfast the next morning. We were not actually all that impressed by the hotel itself, but the Jim Gaffigan show, which we were there for, was fantastic. The next day, we got home while flurries were slowing down, and then the snow picked up again a little later! We still didn't get much, just enough that everything looked pretty for awhile without making the roads unusable, which is my favorite kind of snow.
- Last Monday, after my doctor's appointment, I saw cruisedirector, who I haven't seen in, literally, years. dementordelta also joined us for lunch, and it was just a really nice day all around. &FRIENDS;
- I haven't had MLK Day off in the past, but we merged with another company last year, and apparently they had it as a holiday, because I got this past Monday off, too! I didn't realize that I had it off, and would additionally get to sign off a bit early on Friday, until Thursday afternoon, so it was like a lovely little surprise for me.
- I've been rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender, and omgggggg that show remains so amazing. Possibly another post where I just capslock my feels about it all over again to come soon.
- This weekend, we got some exciting news -- my sister's pregnancy is going well, both she and the baby are very healthy, and she's having a girl! She's due in late May (the day after our mother's birthday, in fact), and one of her friends and I are emailing to start planning a baby shower. I have no idea how one does that, but we'll figure something out.