|Jules (sohotrightnow) wrote,|
@ 2012-06-19 01:21 pm UTC
|Entry tags:||lol fandom, movie:avengers, tv:korra, work:job search|
Caught up on Korra! Man, though, reading reaction posts elsewhere definitely has me in a "wait, am I watching the same show?" place.
- Lin as Batman may be one of my favorite things the fandom has come up with. DELIGHTFUL. And obvs her big moment in 1.10 was incredible, come on, I shouldn't even have to say that. How is there even a question.
- I was betting that at least one and possibly both of the Satos would be tied to the Equalists. I was pleased it was Hiroshi, because I like being right, but I really like Asami (more like AWESOME-i, amirite), so I'm glad it wasn't her!
- My "am I watching the same show" reaction comes mostly from fandom's very strong feelings about Mako, and IDEK. He's not my favorite, but I just find him really amusing. I want a silly over-the-top vid to a Springsteen song about him. Growin' up on the mean streets of Republic City, takin' care of his brother, pickin' up shifts at the power plant whenever he can, fallin' for a rich girl whose daddy makes cars. I'm not that into the prospect of him and Korra -- I was intrigued initially, but more and more I just don't really feel much chemistry between them -- but I don't have any real objections to it.
- That said, I think the scenes of Asami driving Korra around require a Korra/Asami vid to "Ramrod". I'M JUST SAYING.
- I kind of want Korra/Tarrlok. /o\ I'm not proud. Just, her topping the shit out of him and him, bending-less, trying to teach her bloodbending so she can ~be the force the city needs~. IDEK, I have no excuses for my behavior.
- I'm trying not to get my hopes up about General Iroh, because there's no way he can be as hilarious as I'm hoping. I think it might just be a reaction to the voice at this point, sad2say. I hear Zuko's voice and expect hilarity to ensue. I'M NEVER HAPPY.
Avengers fandom-wise, I am appalled and saddened by the lack of Tony/Thor. :( They would just be such delightful FWB. Threesomes or foursomes with Pepper and/or Jane would also be grand! Come on, fandom. I mean, I don't expect floods of it, but I'd hope that more than a handful of things on AO3 would be do-able.